Individual course as selected by the trainee
Eyeglass maker in training.
• Ability to make eyeglass frames,
• Or recognition of skills equivalent to module 1, 2 or/and 3 of Meilleurs Ouvriers de France Eyeglass Craftsmanship School.
Purpose of the course
Finishing course to supplement acetate and metal machining techniques.
• A list of specialities of approximately 20 techniques for acetate and 15 for metal, will be suggested before the start of the course and be given to the trainee when they sign up for module 4,
• When the course is booked, the instructor will assess the trainee to determine the additional training.
The training is individualised for each trainee.
Duration of the course
20-hour training module.
The module can be repeated several times depending on the level of skills required.
Content of the course
• Use of machining equipment and all alternatives for machining and assembly (moulders, milling machines, lathes, brazing machines, polishing lathes etc.),
• Assembly of the complex elements made
• The teachers are Meilleurs Ouvriers de France Lunetiers (Master Eyeglass Crafters), with no more than three learners per teacher,
• Eyeglass workshop, supply of materials for exercises,
• Tours and contact with the industry
A document setting out the skills acquired is awarded to learners at the end of the course.
Place of training
L'école des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France Lunetiers
8 Rue de l'Industrie 39400 MOREZ FRANCE