Opticians or opticians' employees who wish to improve their skills in the creation of unique frames or personalised equipment.
Knowledge of the adjustment of eyeglass frames.
Purpose of the course
Taking the measurements of a customer and creating an eyeglass frame design, to create eyewear that is adapted to the wearer's face.
At the end of the course, the trainee will be able to design frames suited to the characteristics of wearers.
Duration of the course
20-hour training module.
Content of the course
• History of spectacle making
• Study of technical standards applicable to eyeglasses and materials
• Draughtsmanship, by hand or on computer
• The teachers are Meilleurs Ouvriers de France Lunetiers (Master Eyeglass Crafters), with no more than three learners per teacher,
• Eyeglass workshop, supply of materials for exercises,
• Tours and contact with the industry
A document setting out the skills acquired is awarded to learners at the end of the course.
Place of training
L'école des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France Lunetiers
8 Rue de l'Industrie 39400 MOREZ FRANCE